February 12, 2021Software
Many users complain about the issue surrounding the Wacom tablet not working on their system. When they check the Wacom desktop centre, they find the message as “The Device is not connected to your computer” or “Wacom tablet driver not found” on the screen. This guide on fixing the wacom tablet not working or the wacom tablet driver not found an error.
After a careful analysis of what causes the wacom tablet not working error in the system, we have pooled some very practical solutions for you to implement. If you have the same error on your system, do not get rid of it, follow these steps in the guide sequentially; these should help you get past it.
Even though these might not be entirely effective for the wacom tablet not working error, most of the users upon implementation work.
Follow these steps to solve the Wacom tablet not working
Restarting the Wacom Service on the computer
The first step toward solving the wacom tablet not working problem is through a complete restart of the Wacom service. If the service is not correctly running n the system, it might lead to the error shown above. Follow these steps to get rid of the error
- Simultaneously press the “R” key and the “Windows” key to open the Run dialog box. Search for the services.msc option and hit Enter
- From the list of services shown, find the option named TabletServiceWacom option, restart it with a right-click
Once you have successfully restarted the Wacom services, you can go for restarting the computer and check if the error still shows. If it does, you can do for the nest solution given.
Uninstalling the Wacom Tablet Driver from the computer
The second step toward solving the wacom tablet not working issue is by uninstalling the computer’s Wacom Tablet Driver. Such issues can be attributed to problems like corrupt Tablet Drivers. Once the driver is removed, you can try restarting the computer. Windows will automatically install the driver for your need.
- From the keyboard, simultaneously press the X key and the Windows Key to open the Device Manager on the screen.
- Once the Device Manager open, go for expanding the Human Interface Devices. Look for the Wacom device and select the “Uninstall Device” option from the list that appears.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to uninstall the driver from the computer completely.
- Please restart the computer, following which the system will reinstall it for you.
If the problem persists and the error still shows on the computer, consider the third option in the list.
Manually Updating the Wacom Tablet Driver on the computer
The third step toward solving the wacom tablet not working error is by manually updating the Tablet Driver. This will require the user to manually download the latest version of the driver and install it on the system. If you have no idea about manually downloading the driver, follow the steps below.
- Go to the official website of Wacom and download the latest drivers available. Save the file in an accessible location so that the driver can be manually updated later.
- Open the Run Dialog Box using the Windows Key + R Key shortcut.
- By typing “devmgmt.msc” in the dialog box, you will be able to open the device manager
- Update drive by selecting it from the Expand Human Interface Devices option
- From the pop-up window that appears, browse for the downloaded software from the saved location. Follow the on-screen prompts to install the driver.
If these solutions do not work, you might consider looking for professional help or contacting Wacom Services themselves.
How To restart the Wacom driver?
If issues are surrounding the wacom tablet not working, the given solutions can be adopted to restart the wacom driver. These solutions have been given for both Windows and MAC OS operating systems, and the steps once followed, will hopefully help you restart the Wacom driver.
This error might show that “Wacom tablet driver not found” even when the drivers are all up and running, and the tablet is connected in place. However, in place of reinstalling the drivers from scratch, users can easily follow these solutions without restarting the computer. This fix can prove to be reliable until a permanent one is found through OS or Driver updates.
For MAC OS, follow the given steps:
- From the start menu, select the Activity Monitor and look for “Wacom” in the search bar in the top right corner.
- Once you find the driver name “WacomTabletDriver”, select this option and quit the process. If required, select the option showing “Force Quit.”
- Follow the path “/Library/Application Support/Tablet/” through the search bar and restart the driver there.
- Select the WacomTabletDriver icon. Once selected, the driver will be up and running in no time, even visible on the Activity Monitor.
- If this process is panning out as expected, you will open the Wacom desktop centre and to testtest out the driver as done normally.
If this method is done by your time and again, it is advised to contact Wacom directly. You can event create a shortcut named of this name on the Desktop so that you can access it directly with ease.
For the Windows Operating System, follow the given steps:
- On this operating system, the Run window can be opened by simultaneously pressing the “R” key and the Windows Key in the start menu.
- The list that opens selects the option named “TabletServiceWacom” or “Wacom Professional Service.”
- From the left panel, choose the “Restart” option and click on the service you want to start. If the option is not available, select the “Stop” option followed by the “Start” option.
That’s it; you’re done. You don’t have to reinstall the Wacom desktop centre or restart the computer. If this method does not work, the best practice would be to try the process again after restarting the system to cross-check the solution.
Read our other topics: